We’re always on the hunt for exciting new recipes to add to our family recipe book, so when Lea from Bakers Bunny shared her Haggis Scones recipe with us, we were very excited to try them!
A great way to use leftover haggis, they taste great with a warm bowl of soup or a quality strong cheddar. A delicious savoury alternative to a classic teatime treat.
- 8oz self-raising flour
- 1oz butter
- 3oz cooked haggis
- 5fl oz buttermilk
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C / Fan 200C / Gas 8
- Add flour to bowl and rub in butter
- Crumble in cooked haggis
- Pour buttermilk over the dry mix and using a flat bladed knife, stir until you have a soft dough
- Gather into a ball and knead gently on a lightly flour-dusted work surface
- Pat out until about an inch thick
- Using a 2” circle cutter, cut out circles and place on a flour-dusted baking sheet
- Place into oven for 12-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and leave to cool briefly on a wire rack
Have your own unique haggis recipes? Share them with us on social media using the hashtag #HaggisMyWay and we’ll feature our favourites. Happy baking!